Review of council-controlled organisations (CCOs)
We want to make sure the CCO model is appropriate for our city and our people in 2020.
To do this, we’ve appointed an independent panel to investigate how well our council-controlled organisations (CCOs) are working.
Which organisations are being reviewed
CCOs are independent council-owned organisations that are overseen by their own board of directors, chief executive and staff.
The five CCOs being reviewed are:
- Auckland Transport (AT)
- Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED)
- Panuku Development Auckland
- Regional Facilities Auckland (RFA)
What the panel will do
We have asked the independent panel to look into:
- the CCO model, roles and responsibilities
- CCOs’ accountability and responsibility to Auckland Council and Aucklanders
- CCOs’ culture.
The panel will then provide recommendations to ensure:
- the services CCOs provide are efficient and effective
- their decision-making has satisfactory levels of political oversight, public transparency, and accountability.
What you can have your say on
The panel would like to know:
- what is working with the CCOs
- what is not working
- what can be improved.
When you can have your say
You can have your say from 20 February to 22 March 2020.
What happens next
- The panel will report on key issues, community and stakeholder feedback in May 2020.
- The panel will present its final report and recommendations in July 2020.