Piha Post Office has received the following from NZ Post
- Effective immediately customers can now send International Courier documents and parcels to China. Please note that we are unable to accept merchandise valued over $1000 at this time. Parcels under $1000 can be accepted
- Items over $1000 can be sent via our International Express service
- The reason for the change in maximum value is due to the alternative process we are using to send parcels into China
- For parcels currently at the International Mail Centre, it will take a few days to clear the backlog so customers may still experience some delays while we work through this. There may also still be delays once mail or parcels arrive in China.
- Parcels and mail from China coming to New Zealand have not been affected, and continue to come in, although we expect delays on Chinas side.