Auckland Council has published the following two documents that will be open for consultation (See below):
- Draft Track Plan for Waitākere Ranges Regional Park.
- Waitākere Ranges Regional Park Draft Track Plan Map for Public Consultation.
Waitākere Ranges Regional Park track plan consultation
Auckland Council has worked together with Te Kawerau ā Maki on a proposed track plan for Waitākere Ranges Regional Park.
The track plan outlines which tracks are proposed for future reopening and we are seeking community feedback on these and their prioritisation.
The information gathered through this process will assist with the development of a detailed five-year work programme and higher level longer term plan which will take into account community preference, opportunities to “bundle” track work for operational efficiency and resources.
We know there is significant demand for recreational opportunities in the Waitākere Ranges and community expectation that further tracks will be reopened.
In making decisions to reopen tracks the following will be considered:
- priority on recreating coastal connectivity, providing for multi-day walking opportunities and kauri-safe access to identified iconic destinations,
- tracks opened once they are of a standard where they protect and support forest health,
- avoid high value non-symptomatic kauri ecosystems, and
- provide a range of recreational opportunities that where possible are concentrated to the forest edge.
This consultation is now live and will be running through until the 14th of March 2019.
Please follow this link to the online feedback form to have your say HERE
You will find a link to the track map and list in this survey, but it is also attached for your convenience.
We are also holding a series of public information evenings and drop-in sessions.
- Info evening:, Piha, Barnett Hall, 7 Feb 6.30 – 8pm
- Info evening: Titirangi War Memorial Hall, 21 Feb 6.30 – 8pm
- Drop in session: Huia Community Hall, 23 Feb from 1 – 3pm
- Drop in session: Arataki Visitor Centre, 28 Feb 3 – 6pm
Other ways to submit feedback:
- Email feedback to: email@example.com
- Post feedback to: Track Plan Consultation, Arataki Visitor Centre, PO Box 60228, Titirangi, Auckland 0642
- Hand in written feedback at the Arataki Visitor Centre (300 Scenic Drive, Titirangi)
Share it | We would appreciate your support in promoting this consultation to regular park users and locals, by sharing this OurAuckland story across your social media channels: http://ourauckland.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/articles/news/2019/01/have-your-say-on-waitakere-track-reopenings/
Ngā mihi | Kind regards
Kauri Dieback Project Team