Your R&R has been working over the years with Vector, (the company that provides the power supply to Piha,) to try and maintain and/or improve the quality and reliability of the Electric Power Supply in Piha.
That work has resulted in the agreement to install a generator at Piha when power outages exceed 12 hours and improvements to the vegetation clearance programme. However, we are not satisfied, continue to push for improvements and recently had a meeting with Vector to discuss the key issues and related matters.
- Piha “Feeder” – The power line that feeds electricity to Piha
- Vegetation – The trees and other vegetation that touch power lines and cause outages.
- Service levels – Guarantee of service and ability to claim for loss in some circumstances.
- Vector Outage “APP” – An APP for your phone or tablet that lets you see outage status.
- Solar Energy – Solar solutions being offered by Vector in the near future.
Please note that YOU are able to claim compensation for outages under certain conditions. (See letter.)
Download the Vector Letter HERE