The Piha R&R has a proud history of promoting the wellbeing, environment and development of the Piha community since 1938. We provide a forum within which members can identify, discuss and deal with local issues and concerns, and provide a unified voice to represent those issues and concerns with the Auckland Council.
- We are a Non-political association of local Ratepayers and Residents
- We represent the views of our members in all matters affecting Piha
- We work with local clubs, businesses and groups
- We provide a forum for discussion on local issues
- We work with Auckland Council and Auckland Transport on local environment and planning matters
- We make non-partisan submissions to local bodies on legislation that affects Piha
- We maintain links with other groups and relevant organisations in Waitakere to make sure our voices are heard.
- We own and manage the Piha Post Centre and we own the Library building and support the Piha Community Library Trust.
What does it cost?
Membership costs just $10 per person per year. We need you to join so we have the funds and numbers to do our work. As a member, you can be as active or inactive as you choose. Go to our membership page…
What happens to the money?
We use it to ensure we can represent Piha and Piha people’s needs. Our costs include printing costs, legal costs, accounting costs, venue hire, website and mailing costs to name a few.
Who can join?
Anyone who lives at Piha or owns property in Piha can be a full member of the Association. Click here to join online…
How are we organised?
We are organised as an Incorporated Society and registered with the NZ Government (See Here)
The Rules of the Piha Ratepayers and Residents Association, Incorportated, can be SEEN HERE.
An Annual General Meeting is held every year (within 3 months of the end of the financial year). Committee members are elected by members of the Association at this meeting. Download a Committee Nomination Form here.
Special meetings are then called on an issue by issue basis.
Monthly meetings are at Barnett Hall, North Piha at 7:30pm on the first Friday of each month.
Members are welcome to attend or speak at the open forum to raise issues.
To request an item be put on the agenda email our secretary
Mailing address: Piha Ratepayers & Residents Association, CMB 55, Piha 0646, Auckland
Disclaimer: Through this web site you are able to link to other web sites that provide information relative to the Piha Community and the Piha Ratepayers and Residents Association, Inc.
The Piha Ratepayers and Residents Association, Inc., has no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites, and the inclusion of those links does not necessarily imply a recommendation, or endorse the views expressed within them.